Friday, May 29, 2009

The New FYSH


Models From left to Right:

Liya Kebede, Natalia Vodianova, Anna Jagodzinska, Isabeli Fontana, Laura Stone, Jourdan Dunn, Raquel Zimmermann, Caroline Trentini, and Natasha Poly



Fysh. [fish] noun

-noun

1). A Homosexual term to describe a real woman; one who actually has a vagina, who can produce children / can have menstrual (with real blood).

2). One who has a menstrual and can produce a smell of the aquatic nature

**Note: if u are offended by this term...GET OVER IT cuz the KIDZ have defined u**


So I picked up last months issue of VOUGE (May 2009) and surprise, surprise not only is there a black woman on the cover (besides the Michelle Obama issue; March 2009) but she is sharing this cover with two other women. Who are they you mite ask? well these are the most featured models that we have to date. They are the most higest paid models thus far and I want to feature them (since Vogue has alrdy featured them). These grls in my opinion is what the media believes to be diverse but as I look at this cover, they all look the same. I state the SAME because they all have the same european features that has been in "style" for years. Now Im not hatin too harshly on these grls, im glad they are gettin paid and hell I wish I was in their position but I really think that if they were trying to diversfy a certain look then they should have done so. The two black women that are on this cover (Liya Kebede and Jourdan Dunn) are beautiful in their own right, however they also share the same European features as the rest of the grls. Now I am very proud of Vogue (Italia) for featuring black models on their cover this past July 2008 but I jus really feel that real fashion or real beauty lies outside of huge muscels and high cheek bones. Technically the black models they do have are not fully African-American (or w/o being mixed) ;the only one WAS Miss Tyra Banks herself all others are from someones island, a portion of Africa or of Asian decent.

Now that they HATIN is over I do want to say that these models have that certain "IT" factor that the world has come to know and love. By "It" I mean, style, grace, and most of all LEGS. One day ill be on this cover but in the mean time in between time, ill jus adore what is being given to me.

As I wrap up this post I want to ask what is it exactly are these modeling agencies looking for because it seems to me, there isnt enough versatility. Good luck to any and every aspiring model and actor/actress especially if u are of African American decent (LIKE MYSELF LOL).


xoxo

JayTaraye

No comments:

Post a Comment